PerfectMatch.com strikes a good balance between “scientific” and casual matchmaking with their simple sign-up, which aims to determine your dominant personality traits.
- Thorough search features
- Solid compatibility questionnaire
- Easy to navigate site layout
- Not the largest member pool (relatively speaking)
- High monthly cost
More than just a dating site, PerfectMatch.com offers a matchmaking service without the hassle of needing to fill out an hour-long questionnaire. As a matter of fact, sign-up is quick and easy since the questions (although numerous) are mostly true or false — definitely a bonus of their signature Duet Total Compatibility System. As for the Duet System itself, it’s designed to match people based on dominant personality traits. But unlike some sites, PerfectMatch.com doesn’t restrict members from searching outside of their compatible matches — it actually lets members conduct their own searches via a few different and advanced filtering options.
Once in, members can expand their profiles by taking extra personality surveys, or can go ahead and start interacting with members. Although owned by the Friend Finder Network, the site feels very vanilla. As for the layout, it’s clean and easy to navigate. Profiles are neatly laid out for browsing, and can be modified or added to at any time. In terms of search, members can perform a Quick Search (located in the top right corner of the home page) to quickly scan a given selection, or can conduct more advanced searches based on personalized criteria.
This site offers three different memberships to choose from: basic, premium and platinum. A free account is great if you’re simply interested in seeing what the site looks like and how it works, but it won’t let you take advantage of any of the cool communication tools. If you’re willing to pay, you can choose between the other two membership options, but we recommend starting with premium before going platinum — as a general rule, it’s easier to upgrade than to downgrade if something isn’t to your liking.
PerfectMatch.com sits somewhere between a standard dating site and a matchmaking site, which makes sense when you begin the sign-up process. The questions are all closed (either “check all that apply” or “true or false”) but are intended to get a feel for your “whole personality.” You start by divulging your general information, like name, physical appearance and income (remains private) before PerfectMatch.com’s signature Duet Analysis kicks in. The Analysis itself is made up of eight sections, each of which contains about 10 “true or false” questions. The test assesses your romantic impulsivity, personal energy, outlook, predictability, flexibility, decision-making style, emotionality and self-nurturing. Overall, it takes about 15-20 minutes to complete the questionnaire and get your account up and running.
Members & Interactions
There are four ways to communicate with other members on PerfectMatch.com — all of which are listed under your Communication Tools in the left-hand navigation bar. The first way is through My PerfectMatch Mail, the site’s emailing system. The second method is Ice Breakers, sets of questions that members can exchange to get to know each other before chatting (or as a supplement).
– The Duet® Total Compatibility System sets you up with members who are deemed compatible with your personality traits, but also lets you explore outside of your direct matches.
– DealBreakers lets you list things outside of the Duet Compatibility System that would keep you from matching with someone on a personal level. Examples of dealbreakers are cynical, extremely messy and financially unstable.
– PerfectMatch Blog posts informative articles with dating tips, romantic getaway ideas, and suggestions on how to lead a balanced life.
– My Perfect Matches lets you see which members the site deems you “perfectly” compatible with and suggests ways of taking the next step — a great tool if you’re shy. This feature feeds into your notification inbox.
– Your Notification Inbox is where PerfectMatch.com alerts you of profile views, messages, incoming icebreakers and photo requests. A great way of getting a quick update on all things interaction.
Safety & Security
PerfectMatch.com doesn’t perform identity checks on new members, but does keep all personal information behind a security wall. Furthermore, members can easily block others from showing up in their matches and from receiving messages from them. Lastly, PerfectMatch.com provides an advice column on safe dating practices off site.
Check out PerfectMatch.com’s Privacy page for more information.